Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Who you really are...

At church on Sunday, our pastor made a very disturbing comment.

"Who you are at home is who you really are."

It's disturbing because I often don't like the person I am at home. I'm easily frustrated. My temper quickly boils over. I have a mountain of things waiting for me to do them, and three little ones who see their own needs as supreme and immediate, and I tend to react out of selfishness rather than respond with love. (As I was writing this, I was further convicted by this article from a blog I follow).

My guess is that you probably don't like the person you are at home either.

This week I'm taking a good hard look at who I really am.

Because who I am has got to change into who I am becoming.

To help me along my way, I printed out some verse cards to place where I'll see them throughout the day.

What do you do to remember who you want to become?

This post is linked up at:
Seeking Virtue, Seeking Virtue Sunday, Christian, devotionalsPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment