Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

noise overload

I think I had an auditory migraine the last few days...

Alright, I know that's just an excuse, but I feel like I've reached my breaking point often in the last few days (and I only have three kids).

I find myself wanting to stay up entirely too late in the relative quiet to compensate for the noise overload I've been experiencing.

I also come up with ridiculous rules during the day like, "Absolutely no more talking ever!" or "You have to sit and look at books on the couch the rest of the day." Obviously, this is not what actually happens.

I know what I really need is not just quiet but a real Quiet Time with the Lord. Or maybe several.

Tomorrow my noise overload time will be, "Let's all sit on the couch and read our Bibles."

I was inspired today by this post from Inspired to Action. I need to start tomorrow right.

What do you do when you are on noise overload? And it's raining outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment